Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 31: One Month Done

Today is the last day of Month 1 of the 6-Month Challenge.  Here's a list of the games I have completed.

Sonic Unleashed
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Prince of Persia
Grand Theft Auto IV
Catherine
Rugrats: Search for Reptar
Ed, Edd, and Eddy: The Mis-Edventures
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
Katamari Damacy

I have to say, I am a little disappointed in my ability for this first month.  Only 9 games, and four of those were completed before I even started the challenge.  But because I didn't want to play them again this year I added them to the list.  There is still a lot more to play, and a lot more that I want to play on my list.  Some of the games I own, I have only played a few minutes to find out if they even work.  Up next is a list of games I currently have files made.

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Dark Cloud
The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Pokémon FireRed
Pokémon White
Phantasy Star Universe

The last one I started last night after I posted yesterday's entry.  I completed Chapter 1 in one hour and 28 minutes.  It isn't exactly the kind of RPG I like to play, but it is still good.  Ethan Waber reminds me of a less whiny Tidus for Final Fantasy X, in that Ethan is so strong in spirit.  He's so sure of himself, it seems.  I didn't really like the whole underwear scene at the beginning of Chapter 2, but the fact that he was able to put on his clothes at the touch of a button was really cool.  I know I could definitely use that.  It would save time in choosing each day.  Up next is a small list of games I want to start for the coming month.

Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht
Metal Gear Solid
Crash Bandicoot
Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA version)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBA version)

The last three in this list are generally short games.  I need to work on a few of the shorter games in order to help get the average completion up to a level I am proud of.  I think I may work on a few of the games in Atari Anthology as well.  Those are also quite short, because the capabilities at the time for those games was really limited.  But I don't know yet.

Despite the poor results this month, I am really pleased that I was able to stick to the challenge for a month.  I hope I am able to complete the other five, and complete every game on my list.  One major goal for this month is to NOT buy any more video games.  First, because I can't afford it.  Second, because it just makes this challenge that much more difficult.

As always, if you have any suggestions on what I should play, or if you have any questions; feel free to leave a comment.  That's all I have for today.  For the coming day, enjoy every game you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment