Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 30: Let me off this Cart!

I played Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony last night after I posted yesterday's entry.  I didn't play much, because I became really tired really fast.  I have finished the game once before, but that was last year so it doesn't count for the total this year.  But more on that in a bit.

Then this morning I began a file of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.  When I first bought the game, I didn't really like it.  But now, I like it.  A lot.  But the thing with this game, and other open world games, is that I can't stick with them.  I have probably started 15-20 new games since I brought it home.  Maybe more.  I started three just today.  I can never decide.  I guess I need a game that has a bit more linearity to them.

Well, sometimes it isn't because I get bored with the game.  One of the new games I had today glitched on me.  The prisoner cart reached Helgen and was in the parking spot.  However, the cart driver didn't want to stop.  He kept urging the horses to continue pulling.  The thing is, the horses couldn't get through the brick wall they had walked to.  But still the driver was going through the motions and horses were still walking.  And here my character is thinking that the driver must have dozed off or something.  And then I can't do anything about it.  So I had to restart the file.

Each year on December 31st, I get all of my consoles and handhelds out from their hiding spots.  Then one by one, I erase everything on the memory cards.  The handheld games get their saved games erased.  The XBOX's memory gets cleaned.  Everything starts off fresh for the new year.  Then, I start the list of completed games over for the year.  Last year, I managed to finish about 40 games completely.  And through my gaming life, I have finished a lot of my collection.  But this year I hadn't spent near as much time playing video games, which is something I love doing.  Yeah, I was making money working more, but I couldn't play any of the games that I had been purchasing with this extra money.  So that's the reason I made this challenge.  And now that I have more time at home to play, I am going to take advantage of it and catch up on what I have been saving in my games cabinet.

So, for the coming day, enjoy all the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment