Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 9: A Quick Play for a Quick Increase

I still feel a little down today about what has happened recently, but I did do some gaming today.

First, I played a couple of racing games with the child I tutor.  Our lesson for the day was finished, but the person who was to take him back home asked if I would watch him while he went out for a bit.  I agreed.  We were going to play outside, but it started raining.  So instead, we played Gran Turismo 4 and Ford Racing 2.  It may have been fun for him, but it was not fun for me at all.  First, I let him do a single player race in GT4, because I had never played it before and didn't know how to set up a multiplayer race.  Then we played a multiplayer race in GT4.  I won easily.  After that, we played a race on Ford Racing 2.  Halfway through that race, we switched controllers.  So my 1st Place car quickly became a last place car, and his last place car finished in 5th Place.  After that, he went home.

And I didn't play anything until 9pm tonight.  That's when I figured I'd play a quick and easy game to increase my completion percentage.  I played Rugrats: Search for Reptar.


It only took me 37 minutes to complete the game.  I received all of the puzzle pieces, and only two were earned by collecting Reptar Bars.  It was one of the first PlayStation games I ever had.  It was that and Metal Gear Solid and a few others that I still have to this day.

Anyway, I know this game like the back of my hand.  I could write the location of every Reptar Bar, draw maps of every balloon in Mirrorland, everything.  My disc is really worn out though, and so a couple levels are unplayable.  One of my favorites is Chuckie's Glasses.  In order to play it, I have to skip the intro cutscene and go straight to the game because it will freeze and not play otherwise.  Circus Angelicus is one that has become unplayable.  Luckily, you don't have to do every level in order to get every puzzle piece.  A couple of levels I really like, and yet I chose to not play them this time.  Ice Cream Mountain is another level I love to play, but it takes so long to complete it.

Well, I have lots of time to play video games now, so maybe this challenge will be doable.  I don't work until Thursday, so it's quite possible that with perseverance I can accomplish this obstacle I have placed before me.  Also, I have decided that I will consider the games I have already completed this year to be completed for the challenge.  And that the current position in games I have save files for will be my current spots when I continue playing them.

With that said, I have completed the following games this year...

along with Sonic Unleashed and Rugrats: Search for Reptar.  So now there are only 299 games left to complete.  That's much better than the 305 or whatever it was back when I started this whole thing.

Well, that's all I have for today.  So, until tomorrow, have fun playing whatever it is that you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment