Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 5: I am Error.

Well, I didn't get home until nearly 3pm today, because the weather was not wanting to be cooperative.  And after a nap, I started playing The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.  And oh my gosh, even with Skype voicechat help, it took me a little over an hour to finish the first dungeon.  I am so bad at this game.  But the good news is, I am getting better at the game.  I think.  I don't know.  Here's how things look statistically:

Number of Start Overs: 14
Attack: 3
Magic: 3 with 5 Magic Containers
Health: 4 with 5 Heart Containers

Spells: 2
Shield
Jump

Items: 1
Candle

I've got to say, going into those caves with the candle is so much better than when I would venture in there blind.  Now I know what has been killing me all those times I would play the game before.  I don't know what they are, those things that shoot rocks or balls or whatever at me.  They spit out things and hurt me, that's all I know.  The point is, now I can see them to kill them.

I don't like how every time I get a Game Over I have to start back at the palace where Zelda is sleeping.  It's like, "Oh, I am magically brought back here with all of my items and experience!  Woohoo!"  If the fairies or whatever that takes me back to the start point have the power to let me keep what I have, then why don't they just revive me where I died?  It would be so much easier and I wouldn't have raged every time those stupid armor soldier things killed me.

And what is the deal with those armored soldiers anyway?  Do they think it's nice to stab with their swords when they are doing so under their shields?  And then a not-so-clean thought came across my mind.  I will let you readers imagine for yourselves what I thought.

But I think I am getting the hang of the game.  My Skype helper, Nick, sent me a link (haha) to a map online that has helped me out so much.  Now I can just look at the map and see where I need to go next.  I am playing this game on the GameCube (The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition), and it doesn't provide a map.  Maybe the original had a map, I don't know.  I do know that a map is really needed when I play a game.  Or a character telling me the exact number of steps to go and in whatever direction it is that I need to go.  If I didn't have the map, I would probably still be searching for the statue that Goriya stole.

So yes, a map and a friend is most definitely needed to complete this game, at least for me to complete this game.

And the gaming news doesn't end there.  I have also decided to play a mobile, as in GameBoy Advance, game as well as The Adventure of Link.  On my personal life blog, which can be seen here, I also asked for game suggestions for my next game.  One friend and reader suggested I play a Pokémon game.  And since those game also generally take a while to play, I figured I may as well start on one.  So, I am going to be playing Pokémon FireRed
alongside The Adventure of Link.  Today I did some checking as to whether I will be able to record videos of FireRed's gameplay.  It is still not great quality, but it does look better than when I recorded some stuff for Sonic Unleashed.  I think it's because the screen of the GBA is different than that of my televisions.  Anyway, be sure to check my YouTube channel from time to time for videos on that.  I will be sure to add them to these entries as well, but just in case.

Finally, I received The Sims 3 in the mail today.  I of course checked in out to make sure it works and everything.  I didn't start a game yet, because creating a character takes a long time.  At least for me it does. I could spend upwards of an hour working on perfectly my character in The Sims 2, so it will most likely take a lot longer to make one in The Sims 3.  And if it is like The Sims 3: Pets (because why wouldn't it be), I am not sure I will like it.  I don't like the indirect control method.  I didn't like it in The Sims, and I don't like it The Sims 3: Pets.

I wasn't sure about this "The Exchange" either, so I immediately cancelled out of that.  I don't like to pay extra for game stuff (although I am guilty of doing that, I have to finish the Afterword of Prince of Persia and see what happens with Elika).  Anyway, I found out it was free just a few seconds ago.  And now I am downloading all of the free stuff.  So, if you play The Sims 3, please feel free to add me as a friend.  I don't know what that actually does game-wise, but go right ahead.  I will accept anyone and everyone; unless there is a limit, and then it depends on how well I know you.

Well, that's all for today's update on the challenge.  So, until tomorrow, have fun playing whatever it is that you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment