Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 6: I wish Link would fall down a well!

The Adventure of Link is really kicking my butt!  I tried and tried today to get farther in the game, and I barely progressed at all.  Here's how it looks right now:

Number of Start Overs: 27
Attack: 3
Magic: 4 with 5 Magic Containers
Health: 5 with 5 Heart Containers

Spells: 3
Shield
Jump
Life

Items: 2
Candle
Handy Glove

If it wasn't for the urge to complete the challenge, I would have given up playing this game long ago.  So if I keep thinking that I will have accomplished a great task if I finish this game, then I will push myself forward and stick with completing this game.  Right now, I am at Northern Palace, where I start every time I die.  I am on my way to try and complete the second dungeon.  It shouldn't take but another day (or two) to do.  And then I have the rest of the planet to explore.

During my time taking a break from the rage-inducing game that is The Adventure of Link, I worked on my playthrough of Pokémon FireRed.  I even recorded around fifteen minutes of gameplay for my YouTube channel.  Right now, the longer first episode is being saved as I type this. I will then post it to my channel and put the video here as well for viewing.  It is pretty rough, I did hardly any work in editing (all I did was add a caption to show my finger getting in the shot).  And there's no commentary, because I couldn't stop coughing long enough to talk.  But at least there will be something other than text and video game pictures in this blog.

As for where I am at in that game, I am only just a little bit farther than where this video ends.  Unfortunately, I take a lot of time preparing for my Pokémon journey.  I have to decide which Pokémon I want to get.  Since my starter is Charmander, I think I will stick with a Flying-type team.  And since I am on a deadline, I won't be trying to catch them all.  Just the ones on my list.  And here's the list:


Of course, the legendary Pokémon are optional.  I don't have the time to try again and again in order to get them.  But the other eight I definitely want.  It will be difficult, because I am limiting my self to a Flying-type group, but the move sets of their other types is what will propel me to victory.  My goal in this playthrough is to simply become the Pokémon Champion and see the ending credits.


Finally tonight, I played Osu! multiplayer this evening.  It was fun.  It's been a while since I played multiplayer.  I mainly play osu!mania mode.  I am currently ranked #1,120 in the U.S., and #23,053 in the world in osu!mania.  The other modes I am not as good at.  I simply don't play them enough.

Osu!: #45,907 U.S.; #425,637 World
Taiko: #6,034 U.S.; #107,388 World
Catch the Beat: #12,083 U.S.; #161,265 World


My goal in this game, at least in osu!mania, is to be in the Top 1,000 in the country and Top 10,000 in the world.  I have more than fifty Top 100 scores in songs.  And a few of them are Top 10 scores.



I received my copy of Gran Turismo 4 in the mail today.  I didn't check to see if it worked.  At the price I paid for it, it would probably cost more to ship it back than it did to actually buy the thing.  I will check it when I receive Xenosaga III.  But until then, I am not even going to bother connecting my PS2 to the television.

And with that, I am out of things to talk about.  I am hoping to make some more progress with The Adventure of Link.  I may have to do some grinding to be ready for the boss.  It's not even the bosses that I have to worry about.  It's all those enemies before the boss that kill me before I can reach the boss.  Those are the ones I have to grind beforehand to beat.  The less time it takes me to kill them, the better.

So, until tomorrow, have fun playing whatever it is that you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment