Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 1: Running Around the World as the Blue Blur

I managed to play Sonic Unleashed for 90 minutes before I had to go to sleep.  At 1:30 am, I crashed.  I woke up at 8:30 am, and started the gaming day once again.  Since it is one game that I have finished before, I still remember some of where to go and where to jump.  Here's some of the important facts and figures on where I stand in the game.

1.  I have discovered 5 of the 8 lands. Apotos, Spagonia, Holoska, Chun-Nan, and Mazuri.

2.  I have set 3 continents back to where they should be.

3.  I currently have 31 Sun Medals.

4.  And 28 Moon Medals.

5.  And 3 Lives.

By far, my favorite stages are the ones in Chun-Nan.  I am fond of Chinese culture, and the stage on the Great Wall replica was really nice.  And Chip is so cute!  How can you not love this face?
One thing I also enjoy about the game is that even if I lose a stage, the music at the Retry screen is still powerful and encourages me to try again (and again...and again).  Though it is at a sadder setting than when you win, the trumpets (or whatever brass instrument is playing) are there to pump me up and get me back on the course.

My prediction on this game's completion is Friday.  I am working tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday; so gaming time will be cut in half.  I could probably finish the game by Thursday, but I will say Friday just to be safe.  I wouldn't want to say that I will be done with it sooner than Friday, because if I am unable to meet that goal it will set a bad tone for the rest of the Challenge.

In other gaming news, I have two more games added to the list.  I received a brand new copy of Phantasy Star Universe and The Sims 3: Pets today in the mail.  I know that the server for online play Phantasy Star Universe are no longer up and running.  And that sucks a little because I was looking forward to playing it with others.  From the two minutes I played of the game to see if it was in working condition (because it's not difficult to plastic wrap a game to make it look brand new), I think I will like it.

As for The Sims 3: Pets, I don't like it.  Again, I tried it out to see if it worked, and I can't get over the fact that I can't direct control the characters like in The Sims 2.  The whole having to click on the toilet to use the restroom instead of walking over to the toilet and seeing the choice in a window is not something I like.  I like to be able to see my character up close all the time, not have him or her be somewhere else while I am trying to decide whether he or she wants to bring in the paper or to just throw it away.

Back to Sonic Unleashed now.  I really thought it was funny that Amy Rose wasn't able to recognize Sonic behind all of the extra fur and giant teeth.  In a way, it kind of questions whether she actually loves him or not.  If she really, truly loves him, then wouldn't she be able to know immediately that it was Sonic she ran into in Spagonia?  And then on their next encounter, Sonic runs away, like the Beast or the Phantom of the Opera.  Is he doing this because he doesn't want Amy to see him like that?  Does this mean that maybe he really loves her?  Instead of brushing her off all the time out of annoyance, is he doing it because he knows he won't be able to control how he feels when he's around her for too long?

I don't know.  And the game doesn't really give any clues either.  Sonic Unleashed is the most recent Sonic game I've played, so maybe it is explained later on.

Well, I am going to end this entry here.  Tomorrow after work I plan on taking another stab at Sonic Unleashed and hopefully make another big leap into completing this game.  I have a couple of ideas for adding variety to this blog, and I will talk about them in the next entry as well as the progress I am making in the challenge.

Remember, if you would like to suggest a game from my list for me to play after this, just leave me a comment, or send me a message on any of the Social Media places.  I think I have all the contact information on my Google account.

Until tomorrow, have fun playing whatever it is that you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment