Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 25: A Dark Cloud looms overhead.

The only game I played today was Dark Cloud.  I am still not finished collecting all of the things for Norune Village.  I still like the game, but I have learned a couple things that really frustrate me.

1. You lose half of your money when you are "nearly destroyed".  And it wasn't something I learned by chance.  I was told by a NPC that that is what happens.  I really just want to start the game all over from the beginning so I can prevent myself from losing my money every time I die.

2. Once you arrange the shop, the mayor will no longer give you items.  I have no money for even a bottle of water, because I keep dying in the cave.   So how in the world am I supposed to prevent myself from dying if I can't afford to buy restorative items?  Especially when I keep getting floor layouts that don't include a spring.

3. If you have items equipped to your weapons and it breaks, the items disappear.  This is a biggie for me.  I have learned to only equip items to the weapons when it is time to upgrade them.  But I don't like that they go away should the weapon break.  And, the weapons are really lame.  Other than my starting dagger, I have a kitchen knife.  If I had a fork and spoon, I could just make a meal of it.

4. Caves get new layouts each time I have to try them a second time.  If I were to die on one of the floors, I don't get the same layout when I go back in.

The only good thing I have learned is that the Atla I collect before I die I get to keep.  That way I can still make the town layouts and advance the game some.  So it's not all bad.

Despite all of these things, I still really like this game.  I am frustrated with it to no end, but I like it.  And with that, I have nothing else to write about today.  So, in the coming day, I hope you enjoy what you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment