Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 2: A Chip On Your Shoulder

I didn't get to play as much as I wanted to today.  In total, only two hours of my time at home was spent working on completing Sonic Unleashed.  But it was two hours well spent.  I defeated Dark Moray and have gained access to two new cities, Shamar and Adabat.  I have four continents put back in their rightful places, and there are only three more left.

Today, I figured I should talk about how I don't like Dr. Eggman's name.  In this game, even he calls himself Dr. Eggman.  That is not the name I grew up knowing.  He will forever be Dr. Ivo Robotnik in my eyes.  Just like Tails will always be Miles Prower.  It's just how I know them.  But as time goes on, and game players become accustomed to hearing something one way, that's how the games themselves adapt.  Sonic and the good guys always called him Dr. Eggman, and so later games even gave him that name.

Also, I still love Chip!  If SEGA were to mass produce Chip plushies, I would so buy one and keep him in my room next to Clifford and my Steer plushies.  All I have seen are fan-made toys, and some make Chip look like some drugged-up version of himself.

With my progress in Sonic Unleashed continuing to grow and reach its last scene, it's time to start thinking which game I should play next. I am always up for suggestions, so feel free to leave a comment either in this post or the entry where I list my game collection.  Remember that I have received a couple more games since then, and I still have a few that haven't arrived yet.  There's...

1.  Gran Turismo 4 (PS2) - Not arrived yet.
2.  The Sims 3 (PS3) - Not arrived yet.
3.  Xenosaga III (PS2) - Not arrived yet.
4. The Sims 3: Pets (PS3) - Arrived yesterday.
5. Phantasy Star Universe (PS2) - Arrived yesterday.

So there's now a total of 305 possible games I could play next (this amount includes all of the games featured on compilation games like Atari Anthology and SEGA Genesis Collection and those that feature two games in one.  And also, if there are any tips or suggestions on how to get past certain parts of any games, please let me know.

Finally, I was thinking about taking gaming questions.  For instance, my thoughts on a game, or what character(s) I like from a series and whatnot.  Since some of these entries are bound to be brief due to not having enough time to play in a given day or lack of progress in a game, I want to make each and every entry worth reading.  So once a week, I would like to compile all the questions you may have about games and I will happy to answer them.

Anyway, it is getting late here, and I am having trouble keeping my eyes open; so I am headed for bed.  Until tomorrow, have fun playing whatever it is that you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment