Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 16: Variety today.

I didn't get to play any one game for longer than 10-15 minutes today.  My brother was watching a kid today, and naturally, I got to watch then kid today instead.  I can't help having all of the cool toys.  We played Gran Turismo 4Need for Speed Most WantedFord Racing 2, and ATV Offroad Fury.  Since I was trying to be accommodating and nice to the guest, I had to play whatever he wanted to play.

Now normally, I don't become a backseat gamer; but he was just so bad at the games he wanted to play that I couldn't help it at some points.  How can you not stay on the road when you are on a straight stretch of the track?  He would constantly hit walls and everything else he could possibly hit when he played.

The most annoying thing is that he would hand over the controller, only to yank it back a few seconds later.  I really got on his case when he nearly pulled the controller out of the PS2 and dropped the PS2 on the floor.  I said, "How would you like it if I went to your house and started to ruin your stuff?!"

And then he wouldn't stop playing long enough to eat a popsicle.  He would play and eat at the same time, despite me telling him not to.  And then he would drop it and continue eating after he picked it up off the floor.  I just love cleaning sticky controllers.  It's better than playing the actual game itself.

The real gaming I did today was after my post last night and this morning before the kid showed up.  I played Romancing SaGa, but I didn't progress much.  I am starting to think that maybe having the guide with me while I play may actually be hindering me and my play style.  Yeah, it is convenient for boss battles, because the game doesn't have a scan enemies function that I know of.  But it is making me play the way the guide plays, and that is making me dependent on it.  I am not experiencing the fun the game should be giving me.

Well, the plan for tomorrow is to play games all day.  Whether or not I will actually do that is unknown to me, considering that I planned to do that today.  Anyway, until tomorrow, have fun playing whatever it is that you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment