Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 93: Thoughts on GTA V Online

I can't say I have any thoughts on the actual online gameplay.  The farthest I have gotten was the character creation menu.  Actual play time eluded me.  First, I didn't get to perform the update until 7:30am.  After that, I spent three hours just trying to get to the player creation menu.  I must say, I like how that is similar to the creation system in The Sims.

I tried multiple times to actually play.  And each time I was either unable to play because the server didn't have any compatible rooms with crew members, or they failed to connect me with a host room, or it was timed out and took too long to connect me with the server.

I am currently doing a system update on my PS3, so I will attempt to connect with GTA V online again once that's finished.  Until then, I will talk a bit about my other gaming things today.

I am now a member of four GTA V crews.  I have been receiving requests all day.  I denied the last three, because they were not the kind of groups I wanted to be associated with.  Even though the game has a drug theme, I won't play as part of a group that focuses on that.  And my active crew is currently 00rganizedCrimeLords.  I chose to switch my active crew because I was ranked higher in the hierarchy than in the other crews.  Two of the crews I am part of are now in the 21-50 division, one is in 6-20, and the last is 1-5.

I received a couple games in the mail today.  The World Ends With You and Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift.  I played the former enough to know that it works, and I have put in about 90 minutes with the latter.  I have completed two quests in FFTA2 so far.  It seems to be an okay game.  However, I am not good at Tactics games, so I expect a rage quit in the near future.

The system update is still not complete (86%), so I will just wait to see how far I get in GTA V Online.

25 minutes later...

I tried multiple times to play online mode, but to no avail.  I guess I will try again later.  Maybe when the initial wave of players stops playing and goes back to their real lives.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment