Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 105: Why are the cutscenes so long?!

I have played this current save file of Xenosaga Episode I for over 47 hours now.  And after looking at a written walkthrough of the game, I can say that I am three boss battles away from completing the game.  After nearly falling asleep watching the longest set of cutscenes that rival those of the Metal Gear Solid series, I made my way into Proto Merkabah.  I had no trouble with the enemies up until those flying Demons came along.  Those take forever to defeat.  But I managed to get through all of that.

And then came the fight against Proto Dora and Shutz.  The beginning of the battle went well.  I had Shion, Jr., and MOMO as the battle party.  I managed to get rid of the Shutz easily.  I didn't have the Ether skills the walkthrough used, but my party was strong enough to not need them.  I depleted Proto Dora's HP to less than 5,000.  And that was when it hit the party with probably its strongest attack and killed all three of them.  That's when I stopped playing.

But I am so close.  Only 3 boss battles away from completion.  I just wish I could have finished it.  Those cutscenes though, they just sap the strength right out of me.  Why must they be so long?

And that was the only game I played today.  I had Osu! running on my computer, but I was only listening to music today.  The monthly competition is ending in a couple days, and it looks like I will definitely make the final leader board.  It doesn't matter that I won't be getting a prize.  Just knowing that my name will be up there for eternity (or until the Internet disappears) is enough for me.

Before I end this entry, I have a request.  I am in a talent competition over on EnixOrigin where the top prize is three entries in a drawing for a copy of the upcoming Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD game.  The voting for round 2 has started, and I could use all the votes I can get in order to advance to the finals (provided that this round itself isn't the finals).  If you could, would you go and vote for me.  The place to vote is here, and my name is me3lingual.  You only have one day to cast votes, so please go over to the site and vote for me!  I appreciate it!

Well, that's all from me for now.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment