Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day 62: Month 2 Review

It is the end of the second month in the challenge.  I am surprised I haven't driven myself crazy because of it.  I should be freaking out because there is still so many more games I need to finish in the next four months, but I am feeling really calm right now.  I think it's because I have pretty much resigned myself to not being able to complete it.  After all, it is a huge undertaking.  But I am still going to try.  And even if I don't complete the challenge, I will still have fun playing the games I own.  So, it's still great!

Well, I should probably go over what I did complete this month.  The easiest games that I marked off the list this month were the ones from Atari Anthology.  Since gaming technology back then was nothing like it is today, there wasn't a lot for me to do in the games I played.  Since levels are repetitive and most are based on a final score, there isn't much progression needed to be satisfied.  I still have quite a few Atari games to play, and I am looking forward to playing the old-style RPGs.

Other really easy games for me to finish this month were Crash Bandicoot and Jax & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.  The former was one of the first games I played when I first received a PlayStation.  The latter is a game that I have played several times and have little difficulty in completing.  Both of these Naughty Dog games are ones I would recommend to any starting gamer.  They may be old games, but with their availability for PSN download, even new gamers can enjoy these classics.

My favorite game I completed this month is by far 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.  It is unlike any game I have ever played, to my knowledge.  If I wasn't doing this challenge, I would probably still be playing it right now in order to get the other endings.  The puzzles are challenging, and the story is great!  I hope to get the sequel to the game someday.

So far in this challenge, I have completed 25 of the 309 total games in my collection.  Sadly, I should be at 103 completed games at this point to keep a steady pace toward completing the entire challenge.  I will have to worker even harder in this next month.  Especially since it will be the first month in this challenge to have only 30 days.  Right now, every day is crucial to reach victory.  My goal for this month is to try not to get steered away from the direct path in games.  As much fun as they might be, I have to try and avoid doing the side quests.  They may offer more experience and better equipment, but they distract me from the endings.

Another goal for this month is to always be playing a game whenever possible.  If I am not playing a game on the television, then I should a handheld game in my hands.  The only way I can make a bigger dent to the list is if I play as much as possible.  Finally, I will try and do a better job at controlling myself and not purchasing any more games.  I swore to myself that I wouldn't buy any more after I received my copy of Dark Cloud 2
(did I remember to tell you all that I finally bought that game?).  And with any money I earn going toward the household bills, I can't afford to look at a game let alone buy one.

Moving on...

I was up late last night playing The Sims 3.  I managed to earn one trophy during the session.  Other than that, I didn't accomplish much in the game.  And today I spent a lot of time working on the main quest line for Skyrim.  Yes, the main story quests.  If you check out the main story's quest list, you will know that I am reaching the end of Act II.  I have found the guy in Riften, and he, Delphine, and I are on our way to Alduin's Wall.  At the moment of my last save, the three of us are at my home in Whiterun.  I wanted to get rid of as much as possible before I leave for the Wall.  I think I will also take Lydia along with us.  It will seem like a full-on battle party then.

As for my progress in Osu!, I didn't play it much today.  And so, I have fallen back a little on the leaderboard.  It's only a few spots, so I am not worried too much.  I wasn't able to find many multiplayer matches today.  No one was playing songs I had, and the ones that did were locked and I couldn't join them.  I am not a frequent poster on the game's forums, so I not known enough to have the luxury of knowing the passwords to get in those special matches.

Well, that's all I have for today.  I hope to have a well-played and really productive to the coming month, and that you continue to follow along as I continue this journey.  So, for the coming day, enjoythe games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment