Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 55: I remembered to Save today!

Today's game was once again Skyrim.  I was determined to complete the Companions quests.  After two restarts (one due to death, the other due to a deer crossing my path weirdly and freezing the game), I managed to get past the point that I have had trouble with and somehow managed to become the leader of the Companions.  I also removed my werewolf status while I was in the tomb.  I never used the power, so it was kind of a waste to have it.  I only got the power because I wanted to continue the story of the Companions.

After I left the tomb, I enabled all of the quests I had started.  I chose to work on the one closest to my current destination.  That one was to explore the Mages College in Winterhold.  After some initial trouble on how to get to the place (because I am horrible with that map), I finally found the College and begun my journey at unraveling the secrets the old building holds.  I really like the way the Magic School quest is done in this game compared to Oblivion.  I am not having to travel all over the place just to gain entrance to the main building.  I don't have to do stupid fetch quests at places all over the country in order to get permission to go the main building.  It's all right there.  And of course the drama with the two Elven women is there, that's reminiscent of any school.  Only here, there's also a possible spy, claims of leaders not doing their job well, mysterious orbs showing up. and undead trying to kill me.

My character is Level 21 or 22 now.  I forget to check before I shut off the PS3.  During the play session, I received two trophies.  The first for completing the Companions story, and the other for starting the Mages College story.  The skills I have the highest amount in are Sneak and Destruction.  I also work on the Illusion, Alteration, and Conjuration skills when I am traveling from place to place.

One thing I learned today was how to actually gain access to more Words of Power.  I didn't know that you had to press the square button in order to link a dragon soul with the Words.  I had been killing dragons, and not using the souls.  I thought that each dragon was linked with a specific word, and I just hadn't killed the dragons linked with the words I had known yet.  Anyway, I can now use like ten different shouts, and only one (Unrelenting Force) is completed.

Well, that's all I have for today.  For the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment