Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 44: Monkeying Around

Today I played and completed Curious George, the PS2 game based from the animated film.  Now, I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know how close the video game adaptation is compared to the movie.  But after having completed the game in the amount of time it takes to watch the movie, I wouldn't say no if someone were to ask me if I would interested in seeing the film.

I thought the graphics were nice.  The gameplay was much too easy.  I liked how there weren't any boss fights or super difficult puzzles to solve.  I really liked the mini-games.  I think my favorite mini-game was the one where you have to pop the bubbles in the bathroom.  I didn't like how it seemed that George was pretty much forced to do all of the work, and then at the end of the game Ted says "Alright, we did it."  No, Ted, WE didn't do anything.  I did everything.  I was the one that ran out in the middle of the street to give you your hat.  I was the one that tried to save your job.  I was the one that had to risk breaking my neck just so you wouldn't get your precious yellow outfit wet because you didn't want to swim across a river.  I was the one that had to climb up the giant cliff because you weren't able to do it yourself. So, no, WE didn't do it.  I did it.

Anyway, it was a nice game.  I was able to play it in a short amount of time and raise my completion percentage another 0.32%, to a total of 3.24%.  I am on a roll now, huh!

I continued the story of 999 today as well.  I didn't progress much.  The team I am controlling became locked in a freezer, and then managed to get free from their cold graves.  I have no idea how the other team is doing.  Not a lot can be said other than I am anxious to find out how they manage to get to the end that I read.  I know the true good ending, but I don't know any of the other endings (I read that there are six possible endings).  I also know that in order to get the true ending, you have to play it once before and get a specific other ending.  So, though I spoiled the game for myself, I didn't totally spoil it.

I printed out a copy of my game collection list so I can check off the games as I complete them today.  I only got to highlight 10 of the games and mark them as completed.  The highlighted ones are so far away from each other.  It's eight pages long, so they are quite spread out.  I will try and complete them as fast as possible.  Well, that's all from me tonight.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment