Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 41: A Sly-ght of Hand

One game I have been putting off playing is Sly 2: Band of Thieves.  I completed the first of the series earlier this year, and I started this game but never finished it.  Today, I wanted to tackle it and see how far I could progress in the game.  I must admit that I didn't really like the game when I first played it.  It was so different that the first that I couldn't stay interested in it.  Now that I let the memories of the first game fade some, playing this game is actually fun.

I am still trying to get the tail feathers used for the printing press, but I am nearly finished with the mission.  I do prefer not having to switch characters, but I do see why this game has that mechanic.  They are making use of the other characters instead of keeping their labels as sidekicks.  I don't particularly like that for games like this, but it's not something that would prevent me from playing the game at all.

I am hoping to receive all of the trophies for this game.  And after how easy it was to get them for the first game, I believe it won't be difficult to get them for this one.  For those that don't know, I am playing the PS3 collection of the games.  I never even heard about this series before this year, so I figured I'd just get the collection rather than the games separately for PS2.

I also played Skyrim today.  I didn't play much, because I forgot to watch my health and died because I wasn't paying attention.

The other game I played today was 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.  I received it in the mail today.  Yes, I know I said that one of the goals for this month was to not buy any more games and make this challenge more difficult than it already is; but the discount coupon from eBay I had was about to expire and it was cheap.  So, I bought it.  Anyway, the game is different than any others I have played.  I am interested in how it will turn out.  I have also been working on a video for it.  I may try and record a playthrough of it once I finish it.

Well, that's everything I played today.  For the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment