Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 47: Zooming

The big news of the day is that I am finally in the Top 1,000 among American osu!mania players.  I am currently ranked #984.  I now have to work hard to stay in the Top 1,000, because I already dropped below that once today.  I was #998, and I took a break from playing.  When I started up again, I had already dropped back down to #1,016.  I found out that there are big month long competitions featuring specific beatmaps.  I recently got them all for this month, and I have been trying my best at getting high scores.  It has only been one day seen the start of the competition, but I am among the Top 10 osu!mania players (I come in at #9).  In fact the U.S.A. has five of the Top 10 and ten of the Top 40 (they only show the Top 40 scores).

Today I played on a team as well.  It was a lot of fun.  The teams were almost evenly matched up as well.  There were a team of four people from Chile playing against my team consisting of two Americans, one person from Greece, and our fourth was a switcher.  We had a fourth from Indonesia, one from Chile (who eventually switched over to the other team when one of the originals left), and a couple from South America (I can't remember which countries).  There were times in the beginning when the other team had more people playing than my team had.  Most of those times though, my team still won.  There was even one time my team left me stranded against three on the other team and I managed to win against them.  Of course, the other team's players all failed the song, and I was about to fail as well.  But I managed to squeak by and take the win.

I think that's how I managed to get the Performance Points needed to get in the Top 1,000 U.S.A. players.  And as I type this, I have fallen into 10th Place in the monthly competition.  There are now 6 American players in the Top 10.

I also played Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy today.  I am still in Rock Village, but I have gotten quite a few more Power Cells.  I have 45 of 100 Power Cells; 833 of 2,000 Precursor Orbs; and 53 of 112 Scout Flies; giving me a completion percentage of 44%.  I have just moved the boulder that was blocking the path to the boss preventing me from moving forward.  I still have the underwater area and the swampy area to go through, but I could face the boss right now.  I think I will.  Just a second...

One death...

Two deaths...

And I won!  Now I can move on to the next Zoomer area that leads to the Red Sage's area.  But before that, I will go and complete the areas I mentioned above first.

The last game I played today was 999.  I solved the puzzle that I had trouble with, and have reach the next numbered door area.  It was so brave of Ace to do what he did.  I think I would have stayed behind as well.  But not because I would believe the others who would get out might come back for me later.  I probably would just give up and let the others move on.  Right now I am trying to put together a mannequin in the operating room.

Well, that's all from me tonight.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment