Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 57: Some gaming places

Rather than post yet another Skyrim story, because that's all I did today, I thought I'd talk about some gaming forums I am a member of to increase their number of members and get some traffic their way.

The first forum I like to visit is The Final Fantasy Forums (TFF).  I became a member here back in 2011.  I was looking for some advice on how to defeat Vayne in Final Fantasy XII.  While I never defeated Vayne (I got frustrated and deleted my save file before following the advice I was given), I found a whole lot of kind and caring members that possess tons of knowledge about the game series.  Back then, I made a journal that documented my daily life, and it has since carried over to the daily life blog I have there as well.  Both can be viewed there, and I still update the blog each day.

The second forum I became a member of is Square Forums (Square).  It isn't as active as TFF, but it has a RP section that is more active than TFF's.  If role-playing is something you are interested in, they have a RP based on Final Fantasy X's Spira that has been going on for more than three years.  I enjoy reading it.  The participants are all great writers and make the characters they are playing really enjoyable to read about.  I highly recommend checking it out and participating.

Finally, Enix Origin (EO) is a newer forum that has really grown into a great place to visit.  Less than six months, it has already gained more than 200 members, and more than 1,000 discussions.  EO even has a Skype Group that the members go to to chat about things you wouldn't normally read about in one of the forum's threads.  I still feel like the odd-man-out sometimes, even though I have been there for more than three months.  EO is home to a lot of members from a couple other forums, so a lot of the members know each other already.  But they are all very nice and do their best at including even members like me who came from TFF to feel welcome.

When I am not gaming, I am usually at one of these three places.  Sometimes, I am at all three of these places.  I like to go there for the gaming tips and advice, and to unwind from gaming to just talk about gaming.  I am a member at a few other places, but I don't go there enough to even remember my password and user name.  If you can't tell, I am a fan of Square Enix games.  I think that's plenty obvious.  The communities of all three of these places are great, and I am glad to be a part of each of them.  I encourage you all to visit these webpages.  If you see me there, be sure to say Hi!

Well, that's all I have for today.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment