Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 49: CRASHing and FALLing OUT

Today I started the day by playing Crash Bandicoot.  It is one of the first PlayStation games I have ever owned.  I got it when I was only eleven years old, so it's been quite a long time.  I am surprised it has lasted as long as it has.  I have played and completed the game so many times that I was able to complete it easily today.  I started playing it as soon as I woke up this morning, and was finished by lunchtime.  I didn't 100% it, because it isn't necessary to complete the game.  Besides, it doesn't feel like I actually complete the game by taking the shortcut to the end.  If there isn't a final boss, then it isn't a proper game.  And anyway, the second game continues where the non-100% ending ends.  It wouldn't be connected otherwise.

My favorite levels are when you ride the boar.  It puts your reaction ability to the test because you aren't able to turn back in case you miss something.  I also like the river levels.  One thing I don't like about this game that I am glad they changed in the future games is that you weren't able to save your progress with box busting if you died.  In this game, you had to collect all of the boxes in one go.  They fixed that in 2 and 3, and allowed you to keep the count in case of death.

After I finished Crash Bandicoot, I spent some time working on Osu! and raising my rank.  And I accomplished my task as well.  I am now #881 in the U.S.A. and #17,141 in the world in osu!mania.  I found quite a few songs that aren't played often, and received high scores for them in single player mode.  Then I went over to multiplayer and played some rounds with Kimmiee (Atca wasn't online at the time) and some others.  There were some players ranked higher than I, but I held my own and managed to perform well against them.

That's also what I am doing now.  I am playing against a few that are ranked higher than I am.  I actually have had the game loaded up for nearly 12 hours today.  But my brother wanted to use my computer so I played a different game when he was online.  I just didn't turn the game off.

During my time away from Osu!, I played Fallout 3.  I am already at Level 5.  I am just doing random quests right now, because I don't like the main story quests.  Maybe it is because of my strained relationship with my father (for more details on that, read my personal life blog), but I don't see the point of going after your father when he randomly leaves you to defend yourself when he puts your life in danger for putting his desires over that over the family's.  So there is very little motivation for me to complete the main questline of this game.  I probably will at some point, because how else will I complete the game.

I also progressed some in 999.  Or I guess I could call it 379.  After all, there are only 7 people still alive, and 3 hours left.  I am really liking this game.  I have my dry erase board filled with number combinations and the locations of the characters.  I know that as it stands, there will be at most only five people to leave the "ship", which means that two more people will most likely die.  I am leaning toward Lotus being one of the dead.  I haven't figured out who the other person will be.  Today I focused more on which room I should go into out of the three possible choices.  I do know that there is only one choice that gets all seven to the next area, but I want to see what happened with the story if I should choose the other choices.  I am saved right before I have to choose, so I can reload after finding out.  I didn't expect Junpei (my character) to cheat though.

Well, that is all for tonight.  For the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment