Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 42: Saving (Not So) Often

I learned a valuable lesson today as well.  I realized that the autosave function on a game is there for a reason, and that it's probably best to not turn it off.  I was kicking butt in Skyrim today.  I started the session at Level 18, working on the quest to cure Kodlak's werewolf powers.  And everything went well.  And things continued to go well when I discovered that Kodlak was murdered, and when I went to fetch the pieces of the axe that the Silver Hand stole (which was at a place I stumbled upon once before), and when Vilkas and I returned victorious in defeating the werewolf haters, and when I journeyed to Ysgramor's tomb.

It was when I got caught off guard in a battle with some ghosts that a Skeever came up and took my last bit of health.  I hadn't saved at all during the session, and was sent back to my bed in Whiterun.  I didn't want to go through all of that again, so I switched games.

I got the wild itch to play Final Fantasy XIII-2.  However, I didn't last long.  I got caught in a battle with a feral behemoth that I couldn't retreat from.  Then when I went to 10AF, the battle with Snow against the Royal plant-flan thing (all I remember is that it had "royal" in the name) was taking forever and I hardly did any damage to the thing.  So I stopped playing that.

I continued the story in 999.  I guess you could say it is now 889, seeing as how there is now only eight hours, and 8 persons (why is it "persons" and not "people"?) left.  I understand the premise for the Nonary game, though I never heard of it before playing this game.  The characters in 999 are so diverse.  I like how they are connecting everyone and making them work together.  Normally, these types of people wouldn't necessarily even meet, let alone have to work together to survive.

In The Sims 3, I lived through a few more days.  My kitchen sink broke, and there was water all over the floor when my Sim got back home from work.  And of course my Sim was too hungry to clean up the mess or fix the sink.  I did manage to get a promotion and afford to replace the stove.  I haven't caused a fire, so at least he's able to eat hot meals now.

And now I am playing Phantasy Star Universe.  I managed to get farther than I did the last time, but not much farther.  Only one save point ahead of my previous location.  But Ethan is one Level stronger now, so that's a plus.  The SEED in this game remind me of the Sinspawn in Final Fantasy X.  How the people have to defeat them quickly else it will become stronger and be unable to be defeated.

Well, that's all from me today.  I am headed back to the world in Phantasy Star Universe.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment