Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 40: Dark shadows across the sky

The main game I played today was The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.  I have advanced in the main story and even completed a few side quests as well.  I was surprised at the how the main story is turning out.  When I arrived at Kynesgrove and saw the two dragons, my jaw dropped.  And now I am having to infiltrate a Thalmoor party.

One thing I was worried about in my questing today was that I was afraid of becoming a vampire when I was completing the quest Laid to Rest.  First off, the story of this quest is really sad.  And I wanted to lop Helgi's father's head when he said that he no longer needed Helgi because he had Alva.  Then I remembered that vampires tend to seduce and brainwash people (thank you fictional shows on televisions and movies!) to do their bidding.  His actions and what he would say seemed distant, but I was still angry.  It just makes me think that he is a weak person and even if he was tricked, he should have died anyway.

I am glad I had the Calm spell, because I really needed it today.  First on Helgi's father (who I can't remember his name).  When I broke into Alva's house to find proof she was a vampire, he attacked me.  I cast Calm, and all was fine.  Then when I was in the vampire's lair, I accidentally shot an arrow at the guy who was on my side.  He didn't like having an arrow sticking out of his head.  So I cast Calm again and again.  I had to cast it several times because the cave was a maze and I kept getting lost.  And when the spell would wear off, he would start attacking me again.  He was back to normal when we got back to town.  And I had to pay my first fine for attacking him as well.  Oh well, if he hadn't have gotten in my arrow's path, he wouldn't have the piercing headache.  All's well, and that's all that matters.

Well, tomorrow I will play some more, and you should as well.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment