Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 38: Lonely, I'm Sim Lonely...

Today I played The Sims 3 for PS3.  It's an okay game.  The only major problem I have with the game is how you can't take directly control your character.  I liked how in The Sims 2 (PS2) you could truly control the character.  Where and what speed you walked, who you talked to, which items you wanted to interact with.  This whole click on an object and your person will then walk or run to it is so frustrating.  But I do like all of the new features in this game.  Things like being able to go to a town and work or shops, businesses, classes.  I like how your character isn't confined to just your yard; I like going across the street to the park and mingling with the neighbors.  It's much better than having them constantly ringing my doorbell for hours and just standing at my door.  That was my main problem with The Sims 2, and how people would just barge right in without knocking or ringing or even a phone call beforehand.  Just because my relationship with you is at 75 or more does not give you the right to walk right in my bathroom while I am showering and just standing there not moving.

The only other problem I see with The Sims 3 is that there doesn't seem to be a set goal of the game.  Unless the goal is for my character to publish a novel, which is what I chose when I was making him.  I am not sure.  I preferred there being Gold and Platinum Wants in The Sims 2.

If it isn't obvious, I really like The Sims 2.  It is my favorite of the ones I have played.  I haven't finished any of them, but from what I have played The Sims 2 is the best in my opinion.

Right now, my Sim lives alone in the cheapest house available.  I purchased the unfurnished home, because I didn't need all that extra fluff.  I bought the cheapest of everything I need for right now.  And now my money is running low.  I got a job in the Science track, because that was what showed up in the list of wishes.  I have my first day coming up, so it will be great to make some money.  My Sim is the type who prefers to stay at home and be on the computer.  I tried to make him as close to myself in real life.  In a way, it could be a way for me to learn to open up more in life.  I am not sure if I will go the family route, or if it is even possible to build a family during the game.  I know you can make one at the start, but I am not sure if you can during.

I just found out during the Skype chat I am in that it is only at the beginning that you can make a family.  Not that it really mattered.  The chance of me choosing to start a family was low anyway.

Well, that's all I have for now.  For the coming day, enjoy all the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment