Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 56: I hope I'm not boring you with Skyrim stories.

Today was yet another day in Skyrim, with the occasional break to play Osu! and raise my rank.  I am stabilizing at #841 in the U.S.A. and #16,715 in the world for osu!mania.  As for the monthly competition, I haven't tried any of the maps for quite some time.  However, my scores are keeping me on the Top 40 list.  Granted, I am ranked #39.  I think I will work on improving my scores for the individual maps to secure my place.  I want my first time competing to show that I am not some casual player who does the maps on a whim.  And right now, scoring 5,551,201 points out of a possible 12 million is not proving my capability.

Another thing I did with Osu! today is a little analysis on the possible candidates for the big tournament that will be happening next year.  So far with my ranking, I don't even have a chance at making the American team.  Even if they allow multiple teams per country, I wouldn't make the first three teams America would put out there.  But I am unable to get a definite analysis due to the fact that the top people would even want to compete.  Either way, I have quite some time before the tournament comes around.  And anyway, I want to compete in smaller tournaments before this big one anyway.  There is plenty of time to get used to tournament style gameplay by then.

Moving on to Skyrim.  I started the session today over at the Mages College.  The quests today were the ones closest to my current location.  I did fast travel a couple times to unload the loot I had acquired.  I have also learned another complete Shout, though I can't actually use it yet.  And I have two words of Ice Form as well.

Here are my current levels of skills:

Sneak 61
Destruction 55
Lockpicking 51
Archery 50
One-Handed 43
Conjuration 36
Light Armor 36
Speech 33
Two-Handed 32
Alteration 28
Alchemy 27
Restoration 26
Illusion 25
Smithing 25
Enchanting 24
Block 21
Pickpocket 17
Heavy Armor 16

Right now, I am trying to retrieve the books that were stolen from the Mages College by Orthorn.  I sent him away, because he would probably just get in front of me while I am trying to kill the enemies.  Vilkas did that a lot when we were getting the fragments of Wuuthrad.  And then he'd complain when he would get hit with an arrow.  And since I don't know if he is integral to the quest, I sent him away.  I'm hoping he doesn't get himself killed on the way back to the college.

Well, I left the PS3 on while I typed this, so I am going to end it here.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment