Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 85: Grand Theft Auto V - First Impressions

So, today my copy of Grand Theft Auto V arrived in the mail.  I played about four hours of it today.  So, I will be posting my first impression of the game.

It took quite a while for the game to install, so during that time I looked through the literature that came with the game.  I really like how detailed the map is, and how many things there are to do in this game.  I was a bit disappointed that Las Venturas and San Fierro are not on the map anymore.  Looking at the map, it's like an earthquake hit and Los Santos became separated from the rest of the state.

Then there was also the "manual" and a code for a blimp.  The manual isn't like the ones from other GTA games, and that kind of sucks.  I enjoyed reading them, because they were more than just a manual.  One was a travel guide, another a newspaper, another a tabloid magazine.  But to save the planet, there is a digital manual online.  I have the manual's web page in another tab, but it's not showing anything.  And I haven't used the code for the blimp yet.

I will try not to spoil anything with the story, because the game is so new.  But I really like the game so far!  What I will say right now is that my favorite playable character so far is Chop.  Second favorite is Michael (naturally).  The graphics, as my Dad said when he visited, is very lifelike.  The cars are so cool looking.  And probably my favorite part of the game is that there are dogs in the game.  Or a dog.  I haven't seen any others.

I would like to either make a crew or be a part of one for the online gameplay when it starts.  I made a post about maybe starting a crew on a forum I am a member of, so I will join if we start one.  I am excited to play when the online begins.  As much as I love the story of Grand Theft Auto IV, I loved the online playing much more.  And if I am part of a crew, I will have people I know playing alongside me.  If anyone is interested, my PSN name is me3lingual, and I accept all friend requests.  And if you are playing GTA V, I will be sure to play with you whenever.

Well, overall the game is great so far.  I can't wait to play more, and I won't have to wait long.  I am going to load it up again as soon as this is posted.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment