Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 64: My GF is better than yours!

I did start a playthrough of Final Fantasy VIII today.  I didn't get very far with it though.  Well, I did, but I was overconfident and ended up not having any actual proof of the progress.  You see, I chose to try Fire Cavern in ten minutes.  I ran out of time, and I received a Game Over.  If I had not drawn magic from the enemies along the way to Ifrit, I would have had more time.  Anyway, I will set the time for twenty minutes next time.

Other than that, I am just rushing through the story.  Since I have played and completed the game once before, I know what happens.  I will not go for the extra things.  I want to stick to the story and complete it quickly.

For those that don't get the reference in the entry title, a GF is Guardian Force.  Yeah, like I would have time for a girlfriend.

It was also a big day for me when I played Osu! today.  One of my friends was online, and I played him for quite a long time.  He is ranked #7,543 in the world and #339 in America.  Playing against him was a challenge, and I rose to the occasion.  Each song was close, with our scores coming within 3,000 points each.  There was one song where the difference between our scores was only 274 points.  That time was the first of my winning streak.  When I won, he gave me control of the room and the chance to pick the songs.  I tried to pick songs that the two of us have played together.  Each song ended in a win for me.  In the end, we both had other things to do and we both stopped playing.

The big news is that I am that much closer to making it on to the worldwide leaderboard.  I am now ranked #765 in the country, and #15,214 in the world!  Some more play sessions like the one today, and I will be right there with all of my friends.

I also have second place in a song right now.  I don't know where the song is from, but I do know that it must be really easy to get a top score in it if I have second place.

Well, that's all for today.  I will continue playing Final Fantasy VIII later tonight.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment