Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day 75: Game Over

Today I played Xenosaga Episode I and Osu!.  In the former, I finally escaped from the Gnosis attack on the Woglinde and advanced the story.  Right now, the game has me with a different story branch in that I am no longer playing with Shion and KOS-MOS.  Instead I am with Ziggurat 8.  Ziggy (as he will soon be known - SPOILER ALERT) is trying to find the 100-Series Observational Realian (or MOMO - Another SPOILER).  Apparently MOMO was kidnapped by some bad people, and it is Ziggy's job to retrieve her.  During any of my playthroughs of this game, this is as far as I have ever gotten, so anything beyond this point is a mystery to me.  I also earned my first two Game Overs ever in the game.  Rather than sneak past the guards, I wanted to fight them and gain the experience.  But they inflicted Ziggy with Poison and I died.  Twice.  Not good.

However, I once again spoiled some stuff about one of the characters for myself.  From what I read, one of the characters is supposedly a reincarnation of sorts of Jesus.  I don't know how they come to that conclusion, but I will just have to play the game to find out.

And in Osu!, I once again worked on increasing my rank.  I seem to be stagnating at about #740 in the U.S. and #14,825 in the world.  I wish I could stay where I am at when I stop playing, but when I don't play the other players lower my ranking.  I am getting ever closer to the Top leader boards, but it becomes harder every day because no matter how well I perform on a song I don't seem to raise the amount of performance points I have.

It is said that more points are given for higher difficulty songs and by adding mods to increase the difficulty of other songs.  But with most songs having an automatic map rather than one built especially for osu!mania, the mods change little in the way of difficulty.  Also, it doesn't feel right playing an altered map.  Like it's cheating or something.

Oh well, I will just continue doing what I do in an attempt to get to the top.  Well, that's all from me for now.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment