Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day 77: A.G.W.S. for breakfast

There is nearly twelve hours logged in my file of Xenosaga Episode I.  I played it most of the day today.  I have completed the chapter (if that's what we're calling it) of the game where Ziggy is trying to rescue MOMO from U-TIC.  I also completed the next chapter where the Shion party and the Ziggy party come together and fight Ziggy's and MOMO's pursuers.  Right now, I am controlling the sixth member of the party, Jr.  I haven't been in a battle with him yet.  I stopped playing as soon as I got control of him and saved at the nearest Save Point.  It will be good to finally know how he fits in the story, because all I know of him is what I have played of Xenosaga II.

As far as abilities go, Shion learned a new battle move.  As for the E.Pts abilities, the five I have battled with all have two Ether Skills.  MOMO is the only party member I keep in the back row.  At first I didn't want to use her in battle, because she was so weak compared to the others.  But now that she has a damaging attack as well as her healing ability, she is very good in battle.

When I play RPGs, I try to keep the party members as equal level-wise as possible.  So, I tend to use the weaker members in battle and keep the stronger members in reserve.  In Xenosaga I, this doesn't really work as well as when I do it in other games.  That's because experience points is still awarded to reserve party members.  Some people could see this as a good thing, and it is in a way.  It just goes against my normal way of doing things.

I also maintained my rank in Osu!.  I downloaded the newest maps, and I will continue to work toward my goal.  I am considering working on Taiko and Catch the Beat maps as well.  I am not too bad at those modes of the game, and it would be nice to be known for more than an osu!mania player.  If I raise my rank enough in the other modes, I could make a run at competing in the World Cup tournaments for them as well.

I wish there were more tournaments available, because I would really like to test my strength in something more than casual matches against a bunch of randomly ranked players.

My plan for tomorrow is continue playing Xenosaga Episode I.  Now that I have made some major progress in the game, I want to keep going and play even more of it.  Well, that's about it for tonight.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment