Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 131: I hate you, Cecil! That's why I never finished your game!

My PSP arrived today in the mail.  And the first game I am playing with it is Dissidia: Final Fantasy.  I tried them all to make sure they work, but Dissidia is the one I was looking forward to playing the most after reading the manuals.  I have already finished the Cloud's bit of the story.  The difficulty was only 1-Star, and since I am new to the game I figured I'd start out simple.  And I didn't have any problems with it.  Even the battle against Sephiroth was easy.

And then I moved on to Cecil's story.  Though it is also a 1-Star difficulty, it feels like 6-Stars.  I have had nothing but difficult battles.  I gave up after fighting fake Sephiroth.  I tried over and over, which was really bad, because it lowers my Story Points for the level each time I retry.  In the end, I gave up and took a Destiny Point deduction, which totally killed the mood.  So I ended up not saving and have to do all of Cecil's story over, I think.  If you had been within 100 feet of my house, you probably would have heard me yelling something along the lines of "Cecil, I hate you!  You suck!  You're the reason I never finished Final Fantasy IV!  No one likes you!" or "Sephiroth you jerk!  Stop hitting me, you stupid meanie!  You are the reason why I never finished Final Fantasy VII!  I hope you die!"  You know, normal rage phrases like that.

As for the other games, I have played them all enough to get to the first Save Point.  Crisis Core seems fun, as does Dissidia 012 (and why wouldn't it).  Birth by Sleep I am not sure about.  That one will have to wait until I get further along in Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix before I take more of an interest right now.

In other gaming news, the Osu! World Cup started today.  I managed to watch every match except the first one, which was Taiwan against Indonesia.  Here's a rundown of the results so far:
Taiwan - 4 vs. Indonesia - 1
Poland - 4 vs. Russia - 0
Finland - 4 vs. Estonia - 0
Germany - 4 vs. Brazil - 1
United Kingdom - 4 vs. Belgium - 1
Argentina - 2 vs. Netherlands - 4
Indonesia - 4 vs. Venezuela - 0
Japan - 4 vs. Canada - 1
So far, there has been one upset; and that was where Argentina lost to the Netherlands.  As for the little betting game the game has going on, I currently have 600 of 800 points possible.  The United States doesn't play until tomorrow afternoon, and I am looking forward to watching the watch.  Until that time comes, I will be playing Dissidia and watching the other matches.  Well, that's all from me.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment