Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 129: Old School

I played about a dozen games on Atari Anthology today.  And since they were repetitive, I marked them off the list.  This brings the total of completed games to forty-two.  That's 13.2% of the list completed.

And then I also played Final Fantasy XIII-2 as well.  The story is still pretty confusing for me.  All the bouncing back and forth between the times isn't making it easy for me to know what's actually going on.  All I know is that Noel and Serah are Level 32 everything, and I have used the same three monsters for most of the game.  I use Cait Sith for healing, the electric bomb for magic, and a machine-creature for physical attacking.  I have probably 25-30 other monsters I can use, but those three are my favorites.  Among my horde of monsters are three differently-colored chocobos.  I have Yellow, Purple, and Green.

As for where I am at story-wise, I gained access to the big computer building in 200 A.F.  I had to then leave the place because I need something that is located in some other time.  And that is something I don't like.  If I need something for a particular time, then it should be in the time I'm at.

Another thing, not specifically related to the game, but rather the whole time-traveling aspect in general.  If you are time traveling, why would you be going to different locations?  My thoughts on this would be if I wanted to go back in time to when the Great Wall was being built, I would have to first take the time machine to China, and then use the time machine to go back in time.  I couldn't just go and use it here in Ohio and somehow end up in China.  If I did use it in Ohio, I would go back to the time when the Great Wall was being built, but I'd be in Ohio.  And in order to see it, I'd have to go from Ohio to China, and that would take a long time.

To bring this back to Final Fantasy XIII-2, Noel and Serah shouldn't be able to go to different places by using the time thing.  They are going to places located all over Pulse and Cocoon, in different times.  It should one or the other.  A time gate in New Bodhum should only let you go to other times in New Bodhum, you shouldn't have access to Paddra or Yashcas Massif.

Well, I should stop ranting.  And so, that's all from me for now.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment