Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Days 182 and 183: This is it. The final one.

So...the 6-Month Gaming Challenge is coming to an end.  As I write this, there are only three hours until 2013 ends.  This has been a great six months.  I started it having only finished one game since 2013 began, and now I have finished 50 games this year.  I really think that if I hadn't started this blog, I wouldn't have been able to do half that amount.

I think I was too confident when I started.  I claimed I would finish every game in my collection in six months.  That right there would only have been possible if I were to finish two games per day on average.  And considering most of the games I have are RPGs, it was pretty much a sure thing that I was going to fail.  I didn't see that six months ago.

I had so much fun playing all of these games and writing about the journeys I took in the games.  And the opportunities I have been given since starting it are like the icing on the cake.  I don't think I would have been given the chance to write for a gaming website had I not had this blog as a writing example.  And I probably would not have had the chance to get new games and play them when I did.  I know I would not have gotten a copy of Grand Theft Auto V when I did and be able to write about its gameplay.

Anyway, before I end this final blog entry, I will tell you about the 51st game I finished.  Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest.  Today I was determined to finish the game, especially after seeing how close I was to the final battle.  It was really easy once I got started.  And I had online maps nearby so I could figure out the mazes quickly.  The mini-bosses in Doom Castle were similar to those I fought throughout the game.  And the final battle didn't take as much time as I had thought it would.  I wasn't expecting the different forms at all.  I spammed Flare attacks against the Dark King, while I had Phoebe on Auto.

The ending was so nice.  I liked how every person who played a big part in the game came to meet my character at the end to see him off.  It was a really great way for a game to end.  It only left one question in my mind when I saw "The End" at the bottom of the screen, and that was "What's next?"  I wanted to go on the journey with my character (who I named Michael), and see where he goes on the ship.  I think he and Tristam would definitely find some great treasure and cause a fair amount of mischief along the way.

Anyway, I finished it just in time.  I wouldn't have wanted to not finish it before midnight.  Because normally on New Year's Eve, I go through and delete all of the save files of all of the games I own.  It's the only tradition I have done consistently for years.  It allows me to start fresh with the journeys; and in a way, play as if I've never played the games before.  It's also something I do that tends to cause me pain.  That's because I almost always have a game that I really want to continue playing, but I follow the tradition strictly.  This year was no different.  I wanted to continue playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, but it was deleted with the rest of them.  Anyway, after I delete everything, I make a list of all the games I own; then let a random number generator choose what game I play first at the beginning of the year.  I can never choose.

Well, that's all for this final blog entry.  Before I type the final catchphrase, I want to say that I will have another blog for 2014 and beyond.  I will be writing what I'm playing, as well as detailed reviews, some gaming news, and other little gaming tidbits.  I will do my best to keep it updated with some consistency, but I know that I won't be able to do it daily.  With how my schedule is at the moment, updating daily makes me so exhausted.  So, be sure to check out the new blog


I am calling it 3³ Gaming because I will be turning 27 this Friday.  And since 3³ equals 27, it fits perfectly.

So, that's everything I have to say.  For the coming day, and every day after that, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment