Monday, December 2, 2013

Day 154: What to mention in a Gaming Blog.

First, I'd like to mention a few things that I have learned after having this gaming blog going for the last five months.  People really like it when you mention the following video games:

Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto IV
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

There are others, but these three are the big games to get your gaming blog a lot of attention.  Also, it helps if you talk about newer games.  Yes, there will always be love for the PS1 generation of Final Fantasy games, but if you don't mention the newer ones once in a while, don't expect as many views.  Also, it is perfectly okay to take a day off from posting (especially if you advertise that it will be updated daily), though people like it more if they have advanced warning.  I have received messages asking if I was okay, if my Internet was fine, everything, just because I missed a day.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I hope if there is anyone interested in starting a gaming blog, that they enjoy everything about it.  And don't do it for the money.  It comes across in your entries, just like any other feeling.  If your sad when you post, your readers will know by the typing style.  I'm not saying that it's a bad thing to post your feelings.  I post aggravated a lot, especially when that aggravation is caused by a game I'm playing.  But your greed is probably the one "feeling" that I don't suggest you write with.

Now that that's done...

Today I started a game file for Final Fantasy VI.  And I have already done it completely wrong.  First off, I have Terra as TERRA.  This bugs me so much, because when I am reading text and a Pokémon or character do something, I will in my head say, "What are you doing, TERRA!" or "PIKACHU used THUNDER WAVE."  Like I am screaming at them or something. When I named Locke, Edgar, and Sabin, I named them Locke, Edgar, and Sabin.  But now it just looks out of place having Locke, Edgar, and TERRA in a battle against Leafers and Dark Winds.

Not only that, but I forgot to purchase the tools Edgar can use at the shop before the Desert Castle sunk under the sand.  Which while it is still manageable to win in battle, it's not as much variety, and not as much fun.  I am planning on starting over tomorrow.

I also continued the file of Birth By Sleep today.  I even completed the bit over at Snow White's world.  Now Terra is on his way back to wherever he came from to do whatever it is he needs to do.  You can really tell how much I am paying attention to the story.  I am just too hung up on how I still haven't won any of the Command Board games I have played.  I have access to two boards now, but I am determined to win at the first one with Ventus and Aqua before moving on to the one with Cinderella.

Well, that's all from me for now.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment