Monday, December 16, 2013

Day 168: Spreadsheets

Today I began what I am calling "my research into who the best players are in osu!" game.  I played some osu!mania online matches, and recorded how well my opponents did compared my performances.  Of the 37 players I went up against in 18 matches, only 13 ended up with a result that was better than mine.  My average result in the matches was second place.

What I did was use myself as the base, or zero.  If I received third place in a song, the player that received second place would get 1 point, the winner would get 2 points.  The player in 4th Place would get -1 point, 5th would get -2, and so on.  Then, I averaged the result of all the songs for each player I went up against.  Only 13 ended up with a positive score.

I am trying to find out if I will be good enough to compete in an osu!mania tournament. It is the one mode of the game that I am really good at, so I just want to be sure I am ready.  I don't want what happened yesterday to happen at the one mode that I actually rank a respectable place at.

I also have been playing Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest today.  I am almost to where the Water Crystal is in the game.  I like the game so far.  I think the only thing I don't like right now is that the enemies don't leave a lot of GP behind when I defeat them.  I like to have plenty of items, and I can't get them when I only receive 18 GP per battle.

Well, that's all from me for now.  So, for the coming day, enjoy the games you play!

Michael, aka me3lingual, aka 情郎

No comments:

Post a Comment